For Counseling services, please complete the New Patient Application and the following section:
CONSENT FOR TREATMENT/INFORMED CONSENT
COUNSELING AT PFMPRC
Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center serves to provide you with the highest quality mental health and substance use disorder treatment services, so that you may achieve your goals and improve your quality of life. Mental health and substance use diagnosis are complex brain disorders that impact biological, psychological and social areas of life. Our goal is to help you work through and resolve the deficits that have been created as a result of your diagnosis. Our philosophy is based on the idea that in order to foster recovery, hope, self-determination and personal growth, we must create a safe and supportive atmosphere free from judgment.
The clinicians of Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center are trained in the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders, co-occurring disorders (a combination of mental health and substance use), and other compulsive behaviors. All clinical staff have a master’s degree or other qualified state/federal licensure in mental health, social work, or other associated field. Most of the clinical staff is independently licensed and those that are not are working towards becoming independently licensed. This facility allows for Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Licensed Clinical Social Worker interns to complete rotations. They will be working directly under a certified supervisor. All staff receive supervision, training, and education so that they can continue the learning process and provide the best quality care using the best and most current practices.
Counseling can be a significant tool for healing and growth, however in addition to the numerous benefits it provides, it can also have risks. Since therapy often involves discussing unpleasant aspects of your life, you may experience uncomfortable feelings like sadness, guilt, anger, frustration, loneliness, and helplessness. On the other hand, therapy often times leads to better relationships, solutions to specific problems, and significant reductions in feelings of distress. There are no guarantees of what you will experience; however, with your active participation, you can learn new skills and tools that can potentially lead to a better quality of life for you and your loved ones.
The first few sessions will involve an evaluation of your needs and goals. By the end of the evaluation, the clinician will be able to offer you first impressions of what your treatment will entail. You will also begin the process of developing your treatment plan if you decide to continue with treatment. Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center encourages you to evaluate this information as well as ask any and as many questions as you need to determine if this program will be a good fit for you. Recovery involves a large commitment of your time and energy, so we want to make sure that you feel comfortable about pursuing treatment at Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center.
By signing this consent, you are agreeing (or consenting) that the following information has been explained:
- A diagnostic evaluation will be completed and if a determination is made that outpatient counseling is an appropriate level of care, you will begin receiving treatment services provided by the qualified clinical staff at Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center;
- Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center can make no promises as to the results of treatment or of any interventions provided by your therapist;
- You may stop your treatment with your therapist/provider at any time; however, you will still be responsible for paying for the services that have already been provided (if applicable);
- Self-discharging from counseling may lead to you being in non-compliance with the program requirements;
- You have been provided with information and education about confidentiality and the limitations of confidentiality;
- You have been made aware of the policies, procedures and expectations that Partners Family Medicine Practice & Recovery Center has of you (safety, attendance, behavior, etc.).